Call for Membership (2018 – 2020) to the Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund is currently inviting nominations for membership from individuals representing and working with NGO’s in the global south (Africa, Eastern Europe & Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean).
The selection process strives to achieve a balanced and representative Delegation with strong consideration for the following qualities:
- Adolescent and Youths in their diversity
- Malaria expertise
- Tuberculosis expertise
- Global Health expertise
- Community Systems Strengthening expertise
- Women in all their diversity
- Key population representatives (sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender people and people who use drugs)
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Strong knowledge in finance, strategic planning, media and human rights
- Sustainability & transitioning
- Specially encouraged to apply, persons from the following regions and countries: Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa regions, South East Asia and the Pacific and Africa (particularly) Francophone Africa
The Delegation operates in English. Linguists, who possess strong working competencies in the other languages of the Global Fund (Spanish, French and Russian) are encouraged to apply.
Length of Term: The term of office is for a period of two (2) years (2018-2020).The member will form part of a team of delegation members, democratically led by a leadership team (a board member, an alternate board member, a treasurer and a communication focal point (ex-officio). All, live and work across the developing world. The length of term is also subject to performance appraisal.
Criteria for Selection
- Evidence of being from and resident in a developing country
- Belonging to a community or civil society organization (i.e. NGO, CBO, FBO, network, etc.)
- Formal recommendation letter from the individual’s organization and an undertaking from the organisation to permit the member to contribute up to 25% of the person’s time to the work of the delegation
- References from two NGOs, CBOs or networks in the respective region.
- Possess understanding of the scope of work of the Global Fund and its processes
- Have minimum five years of experience in front-line NGO work in 1 or more of the 3 disease areas (HIV, TB and Malaria)
- Ability and capacity to communicate and network effectively and broadly (must have functioning communications linkages such as: Internet, telephone, computer and email)
- Be culturally competent in communicating with diverse peoples & groups. Skills in communication, finance and management procedures are particularly welcomed
- Possess diplomatic and strategic political skills including capacity to think and work strategically and independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in written and spoken English (additional languages, especially French, Spanish and Russian are greatly desired and welcomed).
For more information on the Terms of Reference for Delegation Members and the documentation to apply, see here: