If you are going to the 22nd International AIDS Conference, this information may be useful. At the conference, a Harm Reduction Networking Zone (HRNZ) is located in the Global Village and is accessible to the general public (delegates and non-delegates).
The HRNZ is the key area for people who use drugs or people who want to know more about it. Services that will be provided include:
– Information about medical services for people who use drugs
– Information and guidance from harm reduction experts
– The free provision of drug-use and injecting equipment
– Sharps containers for the safe disposal of equipment for drug use
– Information and advice about overdose prevention and care
– A range of publications on harm reduction in relation to safe drug use (overdose and infection prevention).
On the first floor of the Global Village, in Room L101, a doctor will be available 23 to 27 July from 10:00 to 12:00 for medical services and information specifically for people who use drugs.
Also, more details about safe drug use, consequences and risks, and drug policy in the Netherlands, you can find out in short brochure, specially prepared by the Organizing Committee of the Conference.